To provide innovative educational opportunities to enhance student lives and build stronger communities.
Kirtland will be the first choice for learner-centered education guiding students and communities toward success.
Excellence: Expectation that all college activities are conducted with attention to quality and the highest levels of academic and professional standards.
Inclusiveness: Conducting the activities of the college in a manner that inspires tolerance and welcomes diversity of people and thought.
Innovation: Addressing challenges and issues from multiple perspectives to solve problems and advance college processes and knowledge. Supporting progressive and meaningful research, creative activity and teaching.
Reflection: Evaluating processes and assessing success through honest conversation and the use of data.
Character: Steadfast adherence to the principles of integrity, honesty, reliability, transparency and accountability.
Respect: Respect for the rights, differences and dignity of others and their contribution to the overall success of the college.
To accomplish the mission, Kirtland:
- Provides occupational programs that educate learners for the workforce of the future.
- Provides transfer courses and programs that encourage learners to continue education at other colleges and universities.
- Offers non-credit community and cultural education that enhance the lives of citizens.
- Offers education to the incumbent workforce thereby supporting community economic development.
- Provides supportive services that mentor learners to become successful while enrolled in courses.
- Provides student activities that encourage the development of community service and leadership skills.
- Facilitates collaborations with other colleges and schools that enhance the educational services in Kirtland’s service area leading to a better educated citizenry.
- Encourages innovation among employees and community members for the benefit of Kirtland and its communities.