Kirtland Community College provides open access to education, as well as cultural opportunities, to enrich the lives of the people in Northern Michigan.
Kirtland offers higher education in a student-focused environment, providing transfer and career technical programs; developmental studies; workforce development; personal enrichment and cultural opportunities. We focus resources on our local service area, while maintaining a welcoming climate for our neighbors in Northern Michigan.
Student learning is Kirtland’s commitment—
- We use continuous-improvement processes to ensure currency and relevancy of programs, services, and facilities.
- We strive for consistent use of appropriate data in all decision making.
- We ensure that all decisions are effectively communicated and contribute to student success.
- We are open and welcoming to all, while recognizing a special responsibility to young adults.
- We recognize the value of our employees by striving for a high quality of work life and providing opportunities for professional development.
- We participate in community partnerships, based on shared values and mutual goals, with a focus on K-12 and Economic Development.
- We seek optimum size based on community needs, available resources, financial responsibility, and College capabilities.