Kirtland offers PN (Practical Nurse) certification and ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing) degrees. We also offer an RN to BSN degree through a partnership with Saginaw Valley State University. Get your Nursing degree at Kirtland Community College.
NURSING: We’re located in the Instructional Center (INS) in Health Sciences
Phone: (989) 275-5000, ext. 281 | Fax: (989) 275-6715
Anne Essmaker, Academic Advisor for students with last names L-Z
(989) 275-5000, ext. 416
Shawn Ott, Academic Advisor for students with last names A-K
(989) 275-5000, ext. 426
HEALTH SCIENCES OFFICE HOURS
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. | Closed Friday
Practical Nurse (PN) Certification
- Three-semester, one year completion
- Practical Nurse (PN) Certification Program Sheet
LPN to ADN Degree
- Two-semester, one year completion
- LPN to ADN Degree Program Sheet
Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Four-semester, two year program completion
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program Sheet
RN to BSN
- Offered on Roscommon campus through SVSU
Associate Degree in Nursing/BSN Concurrent Program with SVSU
- BSN completion program through concurrent degree agreement with SVSU
- Majority of the BSN coursework completed on Kirtland’s Roscommon campus
- Associate Degree in Nursing-BSN Concurrent Program Sheet
Successful completion of any of these options prepares students to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical and Registered Nurses (NCLEX-PN & NCLEX-RN).
Procedure for Nursing Program Applications – Fall 2014
- MEET OR CALL YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR at 989-275-5000, EXT. 280 to be connected with either Anne Essmaker or Shawn Ott.
- Follow the directions from your academic advisor. You cannot get the application until you and your advisor review your file and transcripts.
- Once your advisor releases your file to the Health Science office we will email you the application. You will need to save the application to your computer and then open the application and fill it out, it will be a fillable application. Be sure to save the completed application and email it back to the Health Science office. Once the completed application is received in the Health Science office, you will receive a confirmation email stating it was received. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE HEALTH SCIENCE OFFICE WITHIN A WEEK, PLEASE CALL 989-275-5000, EXT. 281.
- You will be notified by email in late June, early July if you are accepted into one of the Nursing programs. If you have questions while filling out the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-275-5000, ext. 281.
- The deadline for applying for ANY Nursing program for Fall 2014 is May 1, 2014. Don’t wait; make your appointment NOW with your advisor.
- Please begin to collect and complete Required Immunizations. Don’t wait on this; it can take up to 6 months to complete them. Download the list of required Immunizations for Health Science.
RN to BSN partnership
A partnership between Kirtland Community College and Saginaw Valley State University (SVSU) brings advanced career opportunities for nurses in northern Michigan. Through SVSU’s RN-BSN program, nurses are be able to pursue a BSN degree in courses offered one day a week, either on Kirtland’s Roscommon campus or in a hybrid format. [ Read more… ]
You will be employable in almost any community you choose to live in throughout your lifetime with a nursing degree from one of the best nursing colleges in Michigan. A variety of jobs within the nursing profession will be yours for the taking when you complete Kirtland Community College’s nursing degree program.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career helping others, Kirtland’s careers in nursing are just what you’re looking for.
As one of Michigan’s top rated nursing degree programs, Kirtland offers Practical Nursing (PN), Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) degrees, and a concurrent agreement with Saginaw Valley State University allows you to complete your BSN degree almost entirely on Kirtland’s Roscommon campus.
Whatever your career goals, you can get your Nursing degree at Kirtland Community College.
You’ll have a first-hand look and experience in the field because Kirtland’s nursing degree program includes both classroom study, patient care simulation and supervised clinical practice (actual patient care) in health care facilities around the region.
A variety of jobs within the nursing profession will be yours for the taking when you complete your nursing degree program at Kirtland.
Kirtland’s nursing degree program includes both classroom study and supervised clinical practice (actual patient care) in health care facilities around the region, so you’ll have a first-hand look and experience in the field.
2014-15 Program Costs
|Practical Nursing (PN) Prerequisites||In District||Out of District|
|Tuition and Fees||2,250||2,900|
|Practical Nursing (PN) Certification||In District||Out of District|
|Tuition and Fees||6,500||8,150|
|LPN to ADN (RN) Pre-requisites||In District||Out of District|
|Tuition and Fees||3,600||4,600|
|LPN to ADN (RN) Degree||In District||Out of District|
|Tuition and Fees||6,300||7,750|
|Associate Degree in Nursing Pre-requisites||In District||Out of District|
|Tuition and Fees||3,000||3,900|
|Associate Degree in Nursing (2 year program)||In District||Out of District|
|Tuition and Fees||11,350||14,150|
Related health sciences degrees and certificates include:
- Cardiac Sonography (Gaylord)
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) (Roscommon)
- Pharmacy Technology (Roscommon)
- Practical Nursing (PN) (Roscommon)
- Surgical Technology (West Branch)
- Vascular Sonography (online)
- Health Information Technology (online)
- Certified Nursing Assistant Course (Roscommon, Gaylord and Tawas IRESA Center)
- Phlebotomy Technician Course (Roscommon)
- Davenport University
- Ferris State University
- Franklin University
- Mid Michigan Community College
Specific information about program and course requirements can be found in our College Catalog.
Some of the jobs related to our Health Sciences programs:
(click on the links for detailed information about each specific job/career and for job outlook information)
- Cardiac Sonographers
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurses
- Surgical Technologists
Get general and transfer information on specific colleges and universities.