VASCULAR SONOGRAPHY: We’re located in the M-TEC site in Gaylord
Phone: (989) 705-3600 | Fax: (989) 705-3602
M-TEC Director/Academic Advisor
M-TEC SITE IN GAYLORD OFFICE HOURS
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Are you ready to take your health career to the next level? Kirtland Community College’s NEW online Vascular Sonography Certificate is your ticket to more opportunity, better job security and great pay!
Vascular Sonography Program Information and Documents
The skills you’ll acquire in Kirtland Community College’s online Vascular Sonography degree program will give you everything you need to quickly attain certification as a vascular sonography technician. Kirtland’s state-of-the-art training lets you build on your existing health care skills and prepare for success in a high-demand, high-salary field predicted to grow by nearly 25% during the next decade.
Kirtland’s online Vascular Sonography program will prepare you to assist physicians in diagnosing and treating disorders affecting the circulation of blood in arteries and veins. You will be ready to:
- work with patients, their families, and health care team members
- perform patient examinations while respecting their dignity
- acquire and analyze data using ultrasound and related vascular technology
- provide a summary of findings to aid in patient diagnosis and management
- use sound judgment and systematic problem solving to produce high-quality diagnostic information
As a technologist specializing in vascular technology, you will perform noninvasive tests (ones that do not require the insertion of probes or other instruments into the patient’s body). You’ll perform procedures that utilize Doppler ultrasound, view and record images for interpretation and diagnosis by a physician.
Because many of these tests are performed during or immediately after surgery, you will have a critical role that includes summarizing findings for physicians, as well as explaining treatment procedures to patients to ensure their cooperation and alleviate their fears.
Your Kirtland education and training will contribute to your ability to thrive in this key role and provide the opportunity to increase your earning potential as a result. Did you know vascular sonographers can earn an average annual salary of $47,010 (national median)?*
Your coursework can be applied as an add-on to either Kirtland’s cardiac sonography program or another recognized ultrasound degree. You must have also completed your registry with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). Kirtland’s one-semester vascular sonography coursework is completed entirely online, allowing you to develop new sonography skills when it is convenient for your busy life.
If you are a successful student, you will be able to sit for the national certification examination in Vascular Sonography.
Kirtland’s first-rate program will prepare you for a career in a high-demand industry where you use your cognitive ability, diagnostic skills and compassionate nature to enhance your skills and excel in your career.
* United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2009.
2014-15 Program Costs
|Vascular Sonography, CC||In District||Out of District|
|Tuition and Fees||1,520||1,975|
Associate in Applied Science degrees
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) (Roscommon)
- Cardiac Sonography (Gaylord)
- Health Information Technology (online)
- Pharmacy Technology (Roscommon)
- Practical Nursing (PN) (Roscommon)
- Surgical Technology (West Branch)
- Vascular Sonography (online)
- Certified Nursing Assistant Course (Roscommon, Gaylord and Tawas IRESA Center)
- Phlebotomy Technician Course (Roscommon)
- Davenport University
- Ferris State University
- Franklin University
- Mid Michigan Community College
Specific information about program and course requirements can be found in our College Catalog.
Some of the jobs related to our Health Sciences programs:
- Cardiac Sonographers
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurses
- Surgical Technologists
Get general and transfer information on specific colleges and universities.