Print Friendly

Admission Process for Former Kirtland Students

**Attention** Students interested in Kirtland’s new Phlebotomy course are requested to call the Student Success Center at ext. 280, and speak with an academic advisor regarding the additional requirements to qualify for this course.

To return to Kirtland you must do each of the following steps:

Apply for Admission to Kirtland, it’s FREE!

Submit a complete Kirtland application to the Office of Admissions.

Apply online for admission to Kirtland Community College

Apply for Financial Aid

Request Transcripts

If you have attended another college since you last attended Kirtland, you are required to provide an official transcript from the college(s) you attended.

The Office of Admissions will send you a letter within ten business days. The letter will contain necessary information including your student ID number and your password for the myKirtland website.

Also included in your acceptance letter will be a transcript request form(s). It is your responsibility to have your high school and college transcripts sent to Kirtland for evaluation prior to registering for your classes. Have an official copy of your transcript(s) sent directly to: Office of Admissions, Kirtland Community College, 10775 N Saint Helen Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653. You are responsible for all fees.

Download the transcript request form

Provide Proof of Residency

All students are required to provide proof of residency of their current legal address. Residency proof must have student’s name on it and be submitted to the Admissions Office, before they can register for classes.

Acceptable proof includes: driver’s license, verifiable rent receipts (if rent receipts are not available, a notarized letter from the landlord will be accepted), a dated lease agreement, voter’s registration card, place of residence property tax receipt, or Secretary of State identification card. Verifiable rent receipts must contain all the following information: the address of the property being rented; the date of payment; signature, address and phone number of the landlord.

View the Kirtland Community College residency policy

Determine Placement

Determine English and math placement. Questions should be directed to (989) 275-5000, ext. 280.

You need to do one or a combination of the following:

  1. Submit ACT scores – ACT test must have been taken within the past four years. Scores must be 21 or higher in English, reading, and math. If scores in these areas are lower, you will need to take the COMPASS Placement Test.
  2. Take the COMPASS Placement Test
  3. If you have taken English or Math classes at Kirtland in the past, please check with your academic advisor to see if you need to placement test.

Check for Registration Holds

If you have logged into myKirtland and have any of the following holds on your account, please contact the appropriate office to resolve the matter.

AC – Counseling Office – ext. 280
AD – Admissions – ext. 284
AR – Accounting – ext. 218
AT – Shawn Ott – ext. 426
CJ – Criminal Justice – ext. 283
DE – Michelle Device – ext. 284
DN – Jo Ann Gave – ext. 289
DS – Counseling – ext. 280
DV – Student Support – ext. 280
LT – Library – ext. 246
OS – Lisa Lashley – ext. 345
RO – Registration Office – ext. 251
TR – Irene Borak – ext. 259
UV – Registration Office – ext. 251

Meet with your Academic Advisor

Returning students are strongly encouraged to meet with an academic advisor. Your academic advisor is assigned to you by your program of study. You may also contact the Counseling Office at 989-275-5000, ext. 280 to find out who your academic advisor is.

Register for Classes

Once you meet with your academic advisor, you need to register for classes.

Registering for classes is determined by your priority status.

Students with 30 or more earned credit hours will be able to register for summer & fall classes first on April 4th starting at 8 a.m. (you can grab those classes you need to graduate first!)

Students with 12 or more credits will be allowed to register starting on April 5th at 8 a.m. for summer & fall classes.

Any other returning student will be able to register online on April 6th at 8 a.m. for both semesters.

Registration for classes is held several times a year. Please visit our academic calendar and registration dates page for registration dates.

Register for classes online through myKirtland.

Pay for classes

Please visit our payment due dates and options page for more information.
Please note – If you have not received your award letter from financial aid, you are still responsible for payment by the due date or you will be dropped from your classes.

Purchase Books

Visit the Kirtland Community College Bookstore, located in the student center, to buy books for your classes, along with Kirtland apparel and gifts. You can also visit the online eBookstore to view the books required for your course.

Go To Class and Get Involved

  • Be sure to check myKirtland to view your schedule and verify the times and locations of your classes.
  • Use the Campus Map to locate the buildings your classes are in.
  • Visit Tutoring and Student Success to see the resources that are available to you.
  • The Kirtland Community College Library is a great place to study and find resources to help with your studies.

Student ID Card

Pick up your student ID card in the Careers in Emergency Services office in the lower level of the Administration building. Student ID cards are issued at your request after the semester begins. Remember to bring a picture ID with you to pick up your student ID card and start using it to get discounts at local retailers!