Print Friendly

Admission Process for High School Dual/Concurrent Enrolled Students

Previous dual/concurrent enrolled students returning to Kirtland as a full-time college student MUST APPLY AS A NEW STUDENT.

Download the dual/concurrent enrollment student handbook

High School dual/concurrent enrollment students wanting to take a college level class on the Kirtland Community College central campus in Roscommon,  at the Gaylord M-TEC, the IRESA or an online class must do each of the following steps:

Apply for Admission to Kirtland, its FREE!

Submit a complete Kirtland application to the Office of Admissions.

Apply online for admission to Kirtland Community College

Students apply to Kirtland one time while considered dual/concurrent enrollment

Parental Consent Form

All students under the age of 18 must submit a Parental Consent Form with their application.

If you are 18 years old or older, you may skip this step.

Provide Proof of Residency

All students are required to provide proof of residency of their current legal address. Residency proof must have student’s name on it and be submitted to the Admissions Office, before they can register for classes.

Acceptable proof includes: driver’s license, verifiable rent receipts (if rent receipts are not available, a notarized letter from the landlord will be accepted), a dated lease agreement, voter’s registration card, place of residence property tax receipt, or Secretary of State identification card. Verifiable rent receipts must contain all the following information: the address of the property being rented; the date of payment; signature, address and phone number of the landlord.

View the Kirtland Community College residency policy

Acceptance Letter

The Office of Admissions will send you a letter of acceptance within ten business days. The letter will contain necessary information including your student ID number and your password for the myKirtland website.

Determining Placement in English and Math

Questions should be directed to (989) 275-5000, ext. 284.

You need to do one or a combination of the following:

  1. Submit ACT scores – ACT test must have been taken within the past four years. Scores must be 21 or higher in English, reading, and math. If scores in these areas are lower, you will need to take the COMPASS Placement Test.
  2. Take the COMPASS Placement Test

Dual Enrollment/ Concurrent Enrollment Form

Meet with your high school counselor to get your dual/concurrent enrollment form filled out. The form MUST be signed by you, your parent/legal guardian (if you’re under the age of 18), and your high school counselor or principal. This form must be turned in to the Admissions office before you can register. This form must be signed by your high school counselor or principal even if the high school is not paying for the course.

Bring the completed form to the admissions office or fax it to 989-275-6727.

Register for Classes

Registration for classes is held several times a year. Please visit our academic calendar and registration dates page for registration dates.

Register for classes online through myKirtland.

Pay for classes

If your high school is paying for the course, please skip to the next step. If your high school is not paying for your course, you are responsible for payment before the due date. Please visit our Payment Due Dates and Options page for more information.

Purchase Books

Visit the Kirtland Community College Bookstore, located in the student center, to buy books for your classes, along with Kirtland apparel and gifts. You can also visit the online eBookstore to view the books required for your course.

Go To Class and Get Involved

  • Be sure to check myKirtland to view your schedule and verify the times and locations of your classes.
  • Use the Campus Map to locate the buildings your classes are in.
  • Visit Tutoring and Student Success to see the resources that are available to you.
  • The Kirtland Community College Library is a great place to study and find resources to help with your studies.

Student ID Card

Pick up your student ID card in the Careers in Emergency Services office in the lower level of the Administration building. Student ID cards are issued at your request after the semester begins. Remember to bring a picture ID with you to pick up your student ID card and start using it to get discounts at local retailers!