Driver’s License and Transcript requirements
All potential candidates to the Kirtland Military Police Academy (KMPA) must submit the following to the Admissions Office and the Careers in Public Safety Office:
- A LEGIBLE copy of their Driver’s License (out-of-state license is acceptable)
- OFFICIAL High School or GED Transcripts
Have 2 copies of your official transcript(s) sent directly to: Office of Admissions, Kirtland Community College, 10775 N Saint Helen Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653. You are responsible for any fees.
Kmail Setup and Monitoring
The Office of Admissions will mail you a letter of acceptance to Kirtland within ten business days. The letter will contain necessary information including your student ID number and your password for the myKirtland website.
- Please setup and begin monitoring your Kmail account right away.
This is the primary method used to communicate important information and all required forms needed in order to be considered for acceptance into the Academy.
Military Police Academy Criteria and Screening Process
- Any military police veteran interested in this program must meet all MCOLES pre-enrollment criteria, including:
- Proof of Professional Rescuer (AED & CPR) certification that is valid throughout the duration of the program
- Satisfactory completion of Military Police training at a federal service school
- Performance as a military police officer for a minimum of 2080 hours in a specified law enforcement occupational specialty (MOS)
- Currently serving or Honorably Discharged
- Have discontinued employment in the specified law enforcement MOS for no more than five (5) years before the start of the program
- Additionally, potential candidates must meet MCOLES Employment Standards for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers for acceptance into the Academy
- Careers in Public Safety staff will guide you through the screening process and provide you with the MCOLES forms and instructions via your KMail
- NOTE: Military Academy Recruits must pass the MCOLES Physical Fitness Test – Exit Standard and pass the MCOLES Reading & Writing Exam as part of the pre-enrollment process
Contact the Careers in Public Safety office at 989-275-5000 ext. 348 or email@example.com