Apply for Admission to Kirtland, it’s FREE!
Submit a complete Kirtland application to the Office of Admissions.
Apply online for admission to Kirtland Community College. Please select “cc police academy” as your Program of Interest.
Driver’s License requirement
All potential candidates to the Kirtland Regional Police Academy (KRPA) must submit a LEGIBLE copy of their Driver’s License to the Admissions Office.
Kmail Setup and Monitoring
The Office of Admissions will mail you a letter of acceptance to Kirtland within ten business days. The letter will contain necessary information including your student ID number and your password for the myKirtland website.
Please setup and begin monitoring your Kmail account right away. This is the primary method used to communicate important information and all required forms needed in order to be considered for acceptance into the Academy.
Proof of Residency
To be eligible for in-district tuition, a cadet must provide proof of in-district residency PRIOR to the start of the Academy. If you intend to move into the district while you attend the Academy, you should provide proof of residency as soon as you have secured in-district housing.
In-district residency is automatically granted to 3 + 1 students. 3+1 agreements are currently in place for students from partnering colleges (North Central Michigan College, Alpena Community College or Mid Michigan Community College) for whom the KRPA will complete an associate degree.
Acceptable proof includes: driver’s license; a dated lease agreement; voter’s registration card; place of residence property tax receipt (if property is owned by the student); Secretary of State identification card; or verifiable rent receipts (if rent receipts are not available, a notarized letter from the landlord will be accepted). Verifiable rent receipts must contain all the following information: the address of the property being rented; the date of payment; signature, address and phone number of the landlord.
The Office of Admissions will mail you a letter of acceptance to Kirtland within ten business days. Included with your acceptance letter will be a Transcript Request form(s).
It is your responsibility to have your official high school and college transcripts sent to Kirtland for review to determine Academic and KRPA eligibility. You are responsible for all fees.
- Have an official copy of your high school and college transcripts sent directly to:
- Office of Admissions, Kirtland Community College, 10775 N Saint Helen Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653
2. Have an official copy of your college transcript sent directly to:
- Careers in Public Safety, Kirtland Community College, 10775 N Saint Helen Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653
Apply for Financial Aid
- Review KRPA Tuition and Fees 2015 -16
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). APPLY EARLY!
- 3+1 recruits – please apply for Financial Aid with your HOME college. 3+1 agreements are currently in place for students from North Central Michigan College, Alpena Community College or Mid Michigan Community College for whom the KRPA completes an associate degree.
- Go to the how to apply for financial aid page in the Financial Aid section of our website. They’ll walk you step-by-step through the process.
- Please note – If you do not receive an email (in your Kmail) from Student Financial Services offering a Financial Aid award, you are responsible for paying tuition by the first day of the Academy or you may be dropped from the course.
Police Academy Screening Process
- Potential recruits will need to meet both Academic and Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) requirements to be admitted to the Academy.
- For information on Academic requirements contact the Student Success Center at extension 280.
- For information on the MCOLES standards and requirements visit their website.
- To begin the screening process complete your KCC application, then contact the Careers in Public Safety Office via email email@example.com