Print Friendly

Admission Process for Police Academy Students

All students applying to the Police Academy must call (989) 275-5000 ext. 348 to request their enrollment packet.

Apply for Admission to Kirtland, it’s FREE!

Submit a complete Kirtland application to the Office of Admissions.

Apply online for admission to Kirtland Community College

Provide Proof of Residency

All students are required to provide proof of residency of their current legal address. Residency proof must have student’s name on it and be submitted to the Admissions Office, before they can register for classes.

Acceptable proof includes: driver’s license, verifiable rent receipts (if rent receipts are not available, a notarized letter from the landlord will be accepted), a dated lease agreement, voter’s registration card, place of residence property tax receipt, or Secretary of State identification card. Verifiable rent receipts must contain all the following information: the address of the property being rented; the date of payment; signature, address and phone number of the landlord.

View the Kirtland Community College residency policy

Request Transcripts

The Office of Admissions will send you a letter of acceptance within ten business days. The letter will contain necessary information including your student ID number and your password for the myKirtland website.

Also included in your acceptance letter will be a transcript request form(s). It is your responsibility to have your high school and college transcripts sent to Kirtland for evaluation prior to registering for your classes. Have an official copy of your transcript(s) sent directly to: Office of Admissions, Kirtland Community College, 10775 N Saint Helen Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653. You are responsible for all fees.

Download the transcript request form

Apply for Financial Aid

Pay for classes

Please visit our payment due dates and options page for more information.
Please note – If you have not received your award letter from financial aid, you are still responsible for payment by the due date or you will be dropped from your classes.

Purchase Books

Visit the Kirtland Community College Bookstore, located in the student center, to buy books for your classes, along with Kirtland apparel and gifts. You can also visit the online eBookstore to view the books required for your course.

Go To Class and Get Involved

  • Be sure to check myKirtland to view your schedule and verify the times and locations of your classes.
  • Use the Campus Map to locate the buildings your classes are in.
  • Visit Tutoring and Student Success to see the resources that are available to you.
  • The Kirtland Community College Library is a great place to study and find resources to help with your studies.

Student ID Card

Pick up your student ID card in the Careers in Emergency Services office in the lower level of the Administration building. Student ID cards are issued at your request after the semester begins. Remember to bring a picture ID with you to pick up your student ID card and start using it to get discounts at local retailers!