Print Friendly

Transferring TO Kirtland

Apply now—it’s FREE!
Request Information

How to Contact Us

Do you plan to transfer TO Kirtland?

Students intending to transfer credit to Kirtland Community College first need to apply for admission to Kirtland. It is important that you choose a program of study because transcripts are evaluated according to your intended program. Official transcripts must be sent directly from each college attended to the Admissions Office at Kirtland. Only courses in which a student received a “C” or better will be considered for transfer credit, unless the program in which the student wishes to enroll has a higher requirement. Time limits on courses are not imposed unless dictated by specific program requirements. Any special requirements for transfer are noted in the transfer tables.

Some equivalent courses are “developmental” in nature. They are assigned a “PR” code, showing which competency requirement would be satisfied by the class if presented for transfer.

Students now have the ability to access transfer information for all schools in Michigan by visiting the Michigan Transfer Network (MTN) website: As databases are completed, they are readied for uploading to the MTN site.  If a needed course equivalency has not yet been posted to the site, please contact Renae Klee, Associate Registrar, at or by calling (989) 275-5000, ext. 291.

Students who served in the armed forces (Army, Marines, Navy) can request a copy of their military transcripts through the Joint Service Transcript website at

Click here for information regarding High School Articulation credit.

Transfer Resources

Michigan Transfer Network

MACRAO (Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers)