There are four types of work order requests:Routine Request: If you need something cleaned, repaired, installed, moved, or replaced, fill out a Work Order Request Form – one (1) request per work order. Obtain administrative approval and forward to Facilities Management Department. ― Routine work requests will not be accepted by phone Requests will be entered into the work order system, and the work will be scheduled and repairs made. Maintenance workers prioritize their work orders. Emergency Service Requests: Service provided in emergencies includes those problems which threaten life, safety, health or will damage a building. These requests include:
- No water
- Electrical power failure
- Propane gas leaks
- Roof Leaks
- Chemical Spill, etc.
- Pipe leaks
- Plumbing problems; plugged drains
- Broken windows
- Security problems
- Broken locks
Routine Services:Custodians are on campus between the hours of 5:00am and 11:00pm. Daily routines are scheduled to be as invisible as possible. If you have a special request, or are aware of an urgent need, call the Facilities Maintenance office at #263.
Non-routine Services:Custodians are scheduled to provide coverage for non-routine events. Work orders and Event Sheets should be submitted well in advance of any activity to ensure services will be available.
- Product name & number
- Manufacturer name
- UPC code (if available)
- Separate your paper: either Regular trash, or Recycle in BLUE box.
- Any paper for SHREDDING needs to be put in the RED box. This paper is of a confidential nature. Each department is responsible for their own shredding. The Shredder uses only clear bags. Once the shredding is completed, the custodian will take the clear bag to the recycle dumpster. Remember: “SHRED IS RED”
- The following Mixed Office Paper/Junk Mail is accepted: • White office paper Manila folder – Yellow pad paper • Colored paper Computer paper • Notebook paper Junk mail • Envelopes NCR or carbonless forms • Sticky notes Paperback books • Newspaper print Glossy paper such as flyers or inserts • Magazines are accepted for recycle. Place the papers to be recycled into the recycled box. (NO BOUND MATERIALS WITH STRING OR TWINE)
- 4. The custodian will NOT sort things in baskets or recycle box.
- 5. The custodians will pick up the BLUE recycle box and place the papers in a clear plastic bag.
- 6. The custodians will place the clear plastic bag in the dumpster labeled for recycled cardboard. (The cardboard dumpsters are ok for this as long as the papers/shredded papers are in a clear bag so that the recycle place can see that it has only paper and not regular garbage in it.)
- 7. Recycle dumpsters are located at the ADM, STU, INS, and ART Buildings.
- 8. If you would like a BLUE recycle box or RED shredding recycle box, please call x263.
- All boxes must be torn down and flattened before placed into the recycle dumpster. Just slide it thru the slot on the dumpster or open the lid – whichever applies for the dumpster.
- Custodians will remove your boxes for you and put them in the recycle dumpster if you set them out. Those of you that handle boxes regularly should break boxes down and take to the dumpster yourself, or call X263 for this service.