The Kirtland Firearms Range provides public use hours and can also be scheduled in advance by law enforcement agencies. The Range is located on the east side of F-97/North St. Helen Road across from the Roscommon campus.
PUBLIC USE HOURS 2017
- Apr 22 – May 24: Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- May 25 – Aug 31: Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. & Thursdays 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sept 1 – Oct 31: Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. & Thursdays 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Nov 1 – Dec 10: Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Public usage will be restricted on the following dates:
- June 15, 2017
- June 16, 2017
- July 13, 2017
- August 24, 2017
- September 14, 2017
For more information, please contact the Public Safety Office at 989-275-5000 ext. 348 or by email email@example.com.
- 25-yard pistol range, 115-yard rifle range and shotgun range. The bench area is covered and lighted, and target stands/backers and shooting rests are provided.
- Persons using the range must provide their own firearms, ammunition and targets, as well as hearing and eye protection.
- Range rules will be strictly enforced at all times.
- A Range Master is on site during Public Use hours. Personal firearms must be inspected by the Range Master prior to use on the range.
Public Use: $7 Day Pass – or – $55 Annual Pass
A photo ID must be presented at the range for Public Usage. Annual Pass holders can request a KCC Firearms Range photo ID at the main campus Public Safety Office, Administration Building, Lower Level, Room 127 during normal office hours. To be issued a range photo ID, the Annual Pass must be presented along with a Driver’s License or state ID. Your photo will be taken and the ID will be mailed to you.