The individual in this position performs accounts payable functions and provides supplementary office support to the business office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reviews and processes all authorized invoices and payment vouchers. Matches appropriate paperwork, verifies accounting information, posts and enters data to accounts payable system, reconciles data, processes accounts payable checks and readies them for disbursement.
Follows up on missing paperwork and delinquent accounts
Researches and responds to questions from college staff and vendors regarding status of payments
Processes employee expense reimbursement and travel advance requests. Prepares direct deposit file.
Responsible for reconciliation of college purchasing cards, follows up on missing and incomplete paperwork.
Monitors UPS shipping invoices and initiates general fund disbursement checks to replenish account.
Schedules use of fleet vehicles.
Performs data entry as needed
Provides office support for the business office
Performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Director of Finance
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be generally available throughout the year, during the peak business hours of the college.
WORKING CONDITIONS- Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent communication with external vendors and colleagues, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- Associate degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 45 wpm error free typing
- One to three years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Experience with computers and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software
- Ability to effectively work, and exchange information in a professional, clear, and concise manner, with college staff, faculty, students, vendors, and the public
JOB DIMENSIONS - Knowledge of work, planning and organizing, self-reliance, sensitivity, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, stress tolerance, technical/professional self development, analysis/judgment, commitment to the college, teamwork, dependability, communications