The individual in this position maintains the accounts payable system, as well as assists with accounts receivable functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and processes all authorized invoices and payment vouchers. Matches appropriate paperwork, verifies accounting information, posts and enters data to accounts payable system, reconciles data, processes accounts payable checks and readies them for disbursement.
- Follows up on missing paperwork and delinquent accounts. Researches and responds to questions from college staff and vendors regarding status of payments.
- Provides customer service to students seeking assistance with financial aid and receivable questions.
- Receipts tuition payments and assists with collection efforts on past due student accounts.
- Calls students to request missing documents needed for their financial aid file.
- Performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Director of Finance
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the peak business hours of the college, primarily at the Roscommon campus location, and occasionally at the Grayling campus location.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent communication with external vendors and colleagues, the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- Associate degree in business, accounting, or related field
- One to three years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Experience with computers and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software
- 45 wpm error free typing
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, teamwork, dependability, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, informal communications, knowledge of work, commitment to the college