Plans, develops, coordinates, and participates in a variety of activities and events designed to inform and recruit students to the classes, programs, and training offered by and through the college. The individual in this position establishes relationships with regional high schools, agencies, employers, and organizations to promote the college and raise awareness among all target populations of the educational training opportunities the college offers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Represents the college at college nights, community fairs, education fairs, and other related events
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with counselors and other high school personnel, community agency personnel, and other entities and organizations which may assist in communicating the educational and training opportunities the college offers
- Makes contact with current and prospective students, meets with parents and parental groups as appropriate
- Assists with campus tours for school groups and other target populations
- Assists in planning campus recruitment and marketing events held on college campus
- Assists with direct mail, telephone and email follow-up with student prospects
- Assists in the development of marketing and public relations materials for enrollment management initiatives
- Assists the admissions coordinator in the implementation of strategic enrollment management at the college
- Works closely with college personnel, including faculty, counseling, and student services staff so as to ably communicate college programs, services, admission requirements, financial assistance and other essential information to interested parties
- Utilizes college software to maintain and track prospective students
- Maintains general knowledge of college activities, programs and requirements
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops to stay current on issues relating to admissions; attends college meetings and may serve on college committees as needed
- Performs other related tasks as required
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the vice president of student services.
ATTENDANCE – The individual in this position is expected to be generally available prior to and during the fall and winter semesters, and be flexible in work schedule according to the needs of prospective students and the requirement to work closely with college support and instructional staff. May at times require day, evening, and/or weekend activity and travel.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are generally those of a typical office or classroom environment, requiring frequent oral communication with students, parents, and colleagues, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner. The position requires frequent travel on rural roads, which may occasionally include after dark and/or adverse weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or related field
- Three to five years of experience in a related field in an academic setting, preferably a community college, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with diverse audiences
- Effective public presentation skills, including familiarity in the use of current presentation technologies
- Ability to travel extensively and handle bulky presentation materials, with a lifting requirement of 30 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to effectively schedule time on task and maintain effective communications with college staff while operating with a high degree of autonomy
- Valid current operator’s license and acceptable driving record
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, impact, influence, sensitivity, self-reliance, teamwork, dependability, persuasiveness, stress tolerance, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, informal and written communications, oral presentations, technical/professional self development, commitment to the college, knowledge of work
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.