The individual in this position provides admissions office support, and assistance to the college admissions coordinator.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Analyzes the needs for each individual and follows through accordingly answering questions, providing appropriate forms, or providing a referral to the appropriate person or department.
- Inputs prospect and admissions data on the administrative computing system and sends out acceptance letters.
- Maintains name and address changes.
- Prepares college transcripts for evaluation, records receipt of high school transcripts, and maintains MyKirtland logins for students.
- Sets up and maintains student admissions files.
- Assists Admissions Coordinator with day to day operations in the department as needed including the preparation of the new student orientation program.
- Responsible for handling all incoming admissions mail.
- Utilizes college software to maintain and track prospective students.
- Maintains general knowledge of college activities, programs and requirements.
- Prepares and sends correspondence to students to procure missing information; handles confidential material and communications.
- Implements, monitors and coordinates regular communication plan with prospective students, applicants and accepted students using the administrative computing system.
- Serves as Jenzabar EX module manager for the admissions module including training to new employees within the department.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops to stay updated on issues relating to admissions; attends college meetings and serves on college committees as needed.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the vice president of student services
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be generally available throughout the year, during the normal business hours of the college.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral and written communication with applicants, students, and colleagues, and the ability to enter and retrieve data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- Associate’s degree
- One to three years of experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- 60 wpm accurate keyboarding
- Proficiency with word processing, emailing with attachments, faxing, and accurate filing
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of clientele in a professional office setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, attention to detail, knowledge of work, teamwork, work standards, initiative, informal, oral and written communication, dependability, commitment to the college, teamwork
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.