Responsible for all matters pertaining to the Kirtland Community College cross country program and supporting the academic success of the student athletes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Ensures that the Kirtland cross country program conforms with the standards and requirements of the college, the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA), and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
Schedules, coordinates, and is present at all practice sessions.
Is present at all Kirtland Community College cross country meets.
In coordination with the athletic department and admissions director, recruits student athletes for the cross country team.
Assists in chauffeuring the cross country team to all away meets.
Responsible for overseeing the budget for the cross country team and recommending the purchase of all equipment and uniforms.
Directs and coordinates all cross country meets hosted by the college.
Responsible for the behavior of team members at events that fall within the purview of this position.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the athletic director.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the sport of cross country
- Minimum of one season experience as a coach of a college or high school cross country program, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the postion
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and maintain discipline with student athletes
- Ability to work effectively with others in an educational setting.
JOB DIMENSIONS -Attention to detail, oral communication, judgment, work standards, planning and organizing, initiative, sensitivity, informal communication, dependability, persuasiveness, teamwork, commitment to the college.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.