Manages the college’s Performing Arts Center (PAC) activities, including the Performing Artists Series, Kirtland Youth Theater and community plays. The person in this position has responsibility for contracting events, negotiating contracts between performers/agents and Kirtland, and departmental budgets. Must be able to communicate effectively with students, college personnel, patrons, and community groups; advanced oral and written communication and presentation skills are essential.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Develop, plan and manage the Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts events, including the Performing Artist Series, the Kirtland Youth Theater (residency workshops and performances) and special events and performances
Negotiate contracts between Kirtland and artists. Oversee all aspects of artists’ contract requirements, such as travel/ground transportation, hospitality/lodging, artist payment, technical requirements, sound requirements, lighting requirements, etc.
Set ticket prices for Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts events, Kirtland Youth Theater events, and community plays
Oversee design, content and layouts for all marketing materials
Attend all Performing Arts Center events
Chair performing arts advisory committee and serve on other committees as needed
Attend booking conferences to meet with funding sources, preview potential entertainers, and meet with agents
Cultivate and maintain a working relationship with donors, patrons, and volunteers for both the performing artists series and Kirtland youth theater from area businesses, foundations, civic organizations, and individuals
Provide oversight for all fundraising activities related to the performing artists series and Kirtland youth theater including grant writing, corporate sponsorships, foundation support and donations
Supervise departmental employees, student workers, and volunteers
Schedule the use of the performing arts center and communicate to technical director each user’s set-up requirements
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the director of institutional services
- Bachelors degree in theater arts, theater management, or related degree
- 3-5 years experience in coordinating, producing, and directing performing arts events activities, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Experience in providing technical support for performing artists including lighting, sounds, set design and construction, etc. preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a public setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- A commitment to the goals, standards, and ethics of Kirtland Community College
JOB DIMENSIONS – Professional knowledge, problem analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, attention to detail, work standards, commitment to the college, sensitivity, informal communication, written communication, presentation skills, self reliance, initiative, negotiation, stress tolerance, dependability
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.