Position responsible for providing leadership and support for emerging learning technologies and online education through faculty professional development and instructional design. The individual in this position advises, assists, and supports faculty and staff in the development and maintenance of online programs and courses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Research and evaluate emerging learning technologies as they apply to instruction, participate in strategic planning, recommend and promote best practices for teaching and learning
Develop, coordinate and assist in collaborative training for online education cohorts, new faculty orientation, and other instructional professional development programs
Advise and assist faculty in designing online courses using instructional technologies and pedagogy, and in the use of the online LMS for all courses
Implement the Quality Matters assessment process for online courses, assist faculty in the assessment of core competencies and to transform all courses in support of core competencies
Lead and coordinate team support of online education, faculty learning communities, and provide individual faculty consultation
Coordinate faculty review of online programs and courses, including course/instructor surveys
Incorporate AQIP principles of continuous improvement into job performance
Supervise Teaching and Learning support staff
Perform other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the V.P. of Instructional Services
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be generally available throughout the year during the normal business hours of the college, and may occasionally have work obligations during evenings and weekends.
WORKING CONDITIONS– Conditions are those of a typical office and classroom environment, requiring frequent oral and written communication with college employees, students, and vendors, the presentation of information on-line and in face-to-face settings, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum Design, Professional Development, Online Education, Education, or a related field
- Experience as an instructional faculty member in higher education, including online instruction
- Documented evidence of technological expertise in an educational setting, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Experience designing online and hybrid curriculum
- Experience administering complex projects and monitoring budgets
- Ability to work effectively with professionals in an academic setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Knowledge of Work, Performance Results, Planning and Organizing, Analysis, Judgment, Decisiveness, Impact, Negotiation, Persuasiveness, Self-Reliance, Sensitivity, Commitment to the College, Teamwork, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Work Standards, Initiative, Stress Tolerance, Technical/Professional Self-Development, Informal, Written, and Oral Communications, Influence, and Delegation
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.