Responsible for coaching the Kirtland Community College golf team, coordinating all matters related to the program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Ensures that the Kirtland Community College golf program conforms with the standards and requirements of the college, the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA), and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
Schedules, coordinates, and coaches team members at all practice sessions.
Is present at all Kirtland Community College golf contests.
In coordination with Director of Admissions, recruits student athletes for the golf team.
Assists in chauffeuring the golf team to all away contests.
Responsible for overseeing the budget for the golf team and recommends the purchase of all equipment and uniforms.
Directs and coordinates all golf tournaments hosted by the college.
Responsible for the behavior of team members at events that fall within the purview of this position.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the athletic director.
- Two years or more of post-secondary education preferred
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the sport of golf
- Minimum of one season experience as a head coach of a college or high school golf program, or one year as a golf instructor, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and maintain discipline with student athletes
- Ability to work effectively with others in an educational setting.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Knowledge of work, attention to detail, oral communication, judgment, work standards, planning and organizing, initiative, sensitivity, informal communication, dependability, persuasiveness, teamwork, commitment to the college
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.