Responsible for planning and organizing the nursing clinical and lab courses, including clinical sites and facilities, part-time clinical faculty assignments, orientation and class scheduling, and preceptor assignments where applicable, including out of district online students.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Identifies and formulates needed clinical contracts with all clinical facilities.
Evaluates students’ readiness including physical exam, CPR, criminal background check, and immunizations/titers.
Organizes and assesses the orientation each semester for new clinical/lab instructors.
Prepares nursing schedules for college course schedules. Determines clinical placement and schedules for nursing students each semester in coordination with health science office support specialist
Assesses labs and equipment for readiness including:
- Equipment and supplies, and their security
- Organize outreach lab supplies for distribution
- Inventory and reorder needed lab supplies
- Formulate budget recommendations
- Plan with bookstore or vendor regarding student packs
Assists faculty with skills testing as needed.
As a registered nurse, may be called upon for routine or emergency medical assistance.
Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the associate dean of health sciences
- RN, BSN (as mandated by the state of Michigan)
- Three to five years of experience in teaching or working with nursing clinical students (preferably on the community college level), or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Ability to work with adults in an educational setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, influence, sensitivity, attention to detail, delegation, stress tolerance, commitment to the college, dependability, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, oral presentations, negotiation, persuasiveness, self reliance, knowledge of work, teamwork.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.