Provides support to the instructional division of the college by assisting faculty and students in the teaching and learning process. Paraprofessionals work under the direct supervision of a fully qualified faculty utilizing established criteria.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Assists students in understanding and working with equipment.
Plans, prepares, and organizes supplemental course materials.
Works with students to reinforce objectives of the course.
Documents student progress and maintains required records related to classroom and/or laboratory experience in the college and/or cooperating agencies.
Communicates with the faculty regarding student progress and other matters related to student welfare.
Ensures that adequate instructional materials are available to meet course objectives. This may include preparing and submitting requests for instructional materials, supplies and equipment to the faculty, or for repairs and servicing to the Helpdesk.
May proctor examinations as needed.
May supervise student workers.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of qualified faculty members.
- High school diploma or GED, and up to two years of post-secondary education in computer science, data processing, or related field
- One year related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Familiarity with a variety of computer software
- Ability to communicate effectively in an educational setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, Initiative, judgment, technical/professional self development, sensitivity, informal communication, attention to detail, dependability, work standards, commitment to the college, knowledge of work.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.