Serves as initial contact person for the admissions office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Serves as the initial contact person for the admissions office in person, telephone, and email
Analyzes the needs for each individual and follows through accordingly answering questions, providing appropriate forms, or providing a referral to the appropriate person or department
Inputs prospect and admissions data on the administrative computing system and sends out acceptance letters.
Maintains name and address changes
Prepares college transcripts for evaluation, records receipt of high school transcripts, and maintains MyKirtland logins for students
Prepares memos and letters and compiles data for reports and record-keeping systems
Sets up and maintains student admissions files and prepares files for release to nursing department
Processes all paperwork related to dual enrolled students including distributing dual enrollment form copies to records, accounting, and high schools
Updates and maintains bulletin boards and brochure racks
Notifies students of “ability to benefit” status by letter from the admissions office
Responsible for handling all incoming admissions mail
Prepares and sends correspondence to students to procure missing information; handles confidential material and communications
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the dean of student services
- High school diploma or GED and up to one year of college, vocational, or business school
- One to three years of experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- 60 wpm accurate keyboarding
- Proficiency with word processing, emailing with attachments, faxing, and accurate filing
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of clientele in a professional office setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, attention to detail, knowledge of work, teamwork, work standards, initiative, informal, oral, and written communication, written communication, dependability, commitment to the college, teamwork
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.