Maintains accounts payable system including reviewing all invoices and payment vouchers, matching with other appropriate paperwork, following up on missing paperwork, posting data, processing accounts payable checks and readying for disbursement. Provides support and assistance to the business office and Chief Financial Officer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Reviews and processes all authorized invoices and payment vouchers. Matches appropriate paperwork, verifies accounting information, posts and enters data to accounts payable system, reconciles data, processes accounts payable checks and readies them for disbursement.
Follows up on missing paperwork and delinquent accounts. Researches and responds to questions from college staff and vendors regarding status of payments.
Provides general office support including answering the telephone,filing, organizing, etc
Performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the director of finance
ATTENDANCE– Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the peak business hours of the college, and may occasionally be asked to work more than their regularly scheduled hours
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral communication with students and colleagues, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner
- Associate degree in business, accounting, or related field.
- One to three years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Experience with computers and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software
- 45 wpm error free typing
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, teamwork, dependability, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, informal communications, knowledge of work, commitment to the college
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.