Performs a variety of tasks such as furniture movement, event set-up, minor maintenance (painting, equipment repairs, etc.), receiving and delivery functions, grounds maintenance, snow removal, custodial tasks, stocking first aid kits, flags, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Cleans dust and debris resulting from the day’s activities and empties garbage containers
- Sweeps, vacuums, and washes interiors of rooms, hallways, and office areas
- Maintains and cleans restrooms, keeping them supplied with paper products and soaps
- Mops floors, cleans carpets, strips and waxes floors using chemicals and waxes for cleaning purposes
General maintenance of the college campus grounds:
- Mows grass, trims and prunes trees and shrubs, sprays for disease and insect control, and applies fertilizer
- Safely and effectively operates heavy machinery such as fork lift, tractors, mowers, front end loaders, trailers, water tanks, stake trucks, dump trucks, and pickup trucks
- Assists with landscaping tasks such as planting bushes, shrubs, and trees
- Performs minor repairs on grounds equipment
- Empties trash containers and rakes/disposes of leaves and debris from the college campus
Locks and unlocks building doors.
Removes snow and ice from campus and spreads salt during the winter months.
Provides quality customer service to faculty, staff, students, and campus visitors.
Performs other related tasks as required by the administration to meet the needs of the college.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the director of facilities management
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be available as scheduled, which may be mornings, afternoons, or evenings or occasionally weekends.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Interior conditions are generally those of a typical office building environment, and require frequent bending, lifting, a wide range of arm movement, finger and hand dexterity, and occasional climbing and working from ladders and lifting devices. Exterior conditions may involve inclement weather including rain, ice, snow, and high wind and require frequent bending, lifting, a wide range of arm movement, finger and hand dexterity, occasional climbing and working from ladders and lifting devices, and the safe operation and maintenance of grounds equipment. Visual identification of work requirements and safety hazards is required under all conditions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Up to one year of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 50 pounds and the ability to ascent and work from ladders
- Valid driver’s license
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, knowledge of work, dependability, work standards, informal communications, initiative, teamwork, commitment to the college.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.