Provides clerical and data entry services for the student financial aid office. Analyzes and reviews financial aid applications and packages and awards student financial assistance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Reviews and analyzes financial aid applications, packaging and awarding student financial aid in accordance with institutional and governmental policies and regulations in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures proper federal verification procedures are followed. Works with other college departments to post and monitor accuracy of third party and institutional assistance programs.
Facilitates students financial aid file review. Verifies application information and assesses the validity of documentation including the review and correction of student aid report.
Assists with file set-up and processing of Veterans Benefits including post semester file audits.
Assists with end of semester Satisfactory Academic Progress process and Return of Title IV calculations.
Cross-trains with Data Support Specialist as backup for retrieval of electronic applications for the Department of Education Secured site.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the director of financial aid
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the peak business hours of the college, and may occasionally be asked to work more than their regularly scheduled hours.
WORKING CONDITIONS– Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring the ability to read and enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED and up to one year of college, vocational or business school
- One to three years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Knowledge of data entry and word processing (typing, editing, formatting documents)
- 45 words per minute error free typing
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize financial aid software and other software as needed
- Ability to process and maintain information that is often ambiguous and highly confidential. Must understand and adhere to procedural and confidentiality requirements of federal and state laws.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, attention to detail, knowledge of work, teamwork, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, dependability, commitment to the college, stress tolerance, technical and professional self-development
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.