Provides support in the automotive program by assisting faculty and students in the teaching and learning process. Works under the direct supervision of a fully qualified faculty member utilizing established criteria.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Ensures that adequate instructional materials are available to meet course objectives. This may include preparing and submitting requests for instructional materials, supplies and/or equipment to the faculty or chairperson for career and technical studies.
Assists students in understanding and working with automotive repair processes and equipment. Plans, prepares, and organizes supplemental course materials.
Works with students to reinforce objectives of the course.
Documents student progress and maintains required records related to classroom and/or laboratory experience in the college and/or cooperating agencies.
Communicates with faculty regarding student progress and other matters related to student welfare.
May supervise student workers.
Performs other duties as assigned by the lead faculty or Dean necessary to meet course objectives.
SUPERVISION – Works under the direct supervision of a fully qualified faculty member.
- High school diploma or GED. Certification by ASE or the State of Michigan Bureau of Automotive Regulation in areas of automotive repair is desired.
- Two or more years of experience with automotive repair processes and equipment, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- Ability to perform physical tasks in demonstration of automotive repair processes and equipment which may require lifting and moving up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively in an educational setting.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, initiative, judgment, technical/professional self-development, sensitivity, informal communication, attention to detail, dependability, work standards, knowledge of work, commitment to the college
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.