Performs a variety of duties required to present events in the Performing Arts Center, including equipment load-in and set-up; operation and maintenance of sound and lighting equipment; scenery construction; technical direction and support for the Performing Arts Center (PAC), Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts (KCPA), Kirtland Youth Theatre (KYT), and Kirtland Theatre Arts Department (TAD); and development of audio/video production projects for the web, television and radio.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Live Production – Works all PAC, KCPA, KYT, and TAD events as scheduled by the Director. Supervises use and maintenance of scene shop, related tools and equipment. Constructs scenery as required for events. Directs technical staff and student workers during load-in, rehearsals, run of show, strike and cleanup for all events in the PAC theatre. Works with PAC, KCPA, KYT, TAD, and special events staff to coordinate performance and rehearsal requirement details. Operates and/or supervises operators of technical equipment (spotlight, light board, soundboard) as needed for each event. Sets and focuses stage and house lighting.
Website and Social Media – Administers KCPA website at www.kirtlandcenter.com. Develops and actuates content to be used in KCPA social networking.
Audio/Visual Production – May conceptualize, script, storyboard, film and perform post-production for web-based videos and television/radio broadcast advertisements. Performs other related tasks as required.
Supervisory – Supervises up to three student workers per semester. This individual is responsible for scheduling, directing and training of the student workers.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the direct general supervision of the performing arts center director.
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position work a flexible schedule, subject to change with little or no notice, and including evenings and weekends as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of an active performing arts center. Frequent bending, lifting, carrying, and fabrication is required to perform essential job functions, as is the assembly and operation of complex electronic equipment, and the physical ascent and traversing of upper-level areas for the manipulation of light and sound equipment.
- Associate’s Degree in technical theatre or a related subject.
- 1 year of technical theatre related experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with requirements of the position..
- Proficiency in computerized lighting and professional sound equipment operation
- Experience in video filming, production and post-production.
- Experience in developing and optimizing content for social media.
- Demonstrated efficiency in operating video editing software.
- Must work well with students, volunteers, faculty, staff, artists, and patrons.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, subject to change with little or no notice, and including evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting or moving up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in catwalk areas or high places
JOB DIMENSIONS – Knowledge of work, planning, organization skills, attention to detail, analysis, judgment, work standards, initiative, stress tolerance, communication skills, teamwork, dependability, commitment to the college.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.