Assists with the operations of the college printshop to produce high quality printed materials, signage and copies in a timely manner that meets the needs of staff, faculty and various college departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Operates folders, binding equipment, drill press, stapling machines, copy machines, sign making machines, etc.
Checks copy requests, copies them in order of priority, packages and logs them for delivery.
Handles campus mail and UPS drop-offs which includes mail preparation for delivery to the U.S. post office and sorts incoming mail for campus distribution by printshop staff. Maintains postage machine and keeps up-to-date on postal procedures.
Strips and applies vinyl to sign blanks.
Proofs print jobs for errors, utilizes quality controls.
Monitors printshop inventory; advises printshop director when supplies are low and assists with preparation of requisitions for purchase of materials.
Provides limited training of student workers.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the printshop director
ATTENDANCE– Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the peak business hours of the college, and may occasionally be asked to vary their schedule to meet department requirements
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical production printing environment, requiring frequent communication with colleagues and the use of various types of moving machinery. Must have the ability to move and lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED
- One to three years of related experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Experience in publishing software (i.e. Quark Express, Illustrator, Photo Shop, etc.)
- Previous printshop experience preferred
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as supplying paper to printing equipment, safely operating equipment (turning on, off, feeding printing materials), and lifting or moving up to 50 lbs.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Knowledge of work, planning and organizing, self-reliance, sensitivity, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, stress tolerance, technical/professional self-development, analysis/judgment, commitment to the college, teamwork, dependability, communications
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.