Participates in the teaching and assessment of nursing students. Individuals will serve in a variety of capacities in helping educate learners with specific knowledge, skills and behaviors. Standardized patients (SP) are taught to simulate a variety of abnormal physical finding depending on the simulation scenario. SP’s should expect that the learner might do one or more of the following: conduct an interview, provide patient counseling, and/or perform physical examinations, and participate in simulation scenarios.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Availability for both training and interview/exam sessions of event.
- Ability to undergo a physical exam (which involves wearing a hospital gown).
- Reliable, punctual and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills and be willing and able to provide students with constructive feedback regarding their performance on the activity.
- Work in a professional manner when interacting with learners, faculty, fellow SP’s, and staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility and reliability with scheduling and assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of Simulation Coordinator and Director of Nursing.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Health care experience preferred
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work cooperatively with learners, other SP’s, faculty, and staff.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Stress tolerance, sensitivity, commitment to the college, teamwork, initiative, attention to detail, work standards, informal communication, dependability, knowledge of work.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.