Serves as point of contact for campus students and visitors, serving as the student services information center for main campus as well as other services available both on and off campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Assists the special populations coordinator and assists with students with disabilities.
Determines whether new, continuing, or transfer students must complete placement test(s) prior to advising and makes appropriate referrals to the testing center. Assigns a counselor or advisor for advising when necessary.
Handles telephone calls, determines the needs, and transfers the calls appropriately. Analyzes the needs for each individual and follows through accordingly.
Responsible for sorting incoming and outgoing mail. Prepares mailings to students including bulk mailings.
Works with other office staff to coordinate rotations of mail duty, lunch hours, and breaks. Coordinates rotation of mail duty and updates/distributes fan out list.
Provides support to director of athletics.
Schedules appointments and maintains calendar for counseling staff. Helps prepare counseling reports and materials.
Prepares “ability to benefit” memos and letters to students who are under academic contracts.
Provides clerical support for updating of career and employment website, work study postings, and job posting bulletin board. Coordinates recruiter visits and the graduate follow-up survey.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the dean of student services
- High school diploma or GED and up to one year of college, vocational, or business school
- One to three years of experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- 60 wpm accurate keyboarding
- Proficiency with computerized communication and word processing programs
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of clientele in a professional office setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, attention to detail, knowledge of work, teamwork, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, dependability, commitment to the college
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.