Assists in ticket sales for the Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts (KCPA), Kirtland Youth Theater (KYT) and other Performing Arts Center (PAC) events. The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating activities of the lobby ticket office for events on the day of each performance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Processes ticket orders via on-line ticketing and maintains ticket office database.
Keeps an accurate accounting and reconciliation of tickets sold.
Collects and receipts money from ticket sales, balances ticket sale receipts, deposits revenues and reconciles with accounting office.
Updates volunteer database and generates reminder announcements to ushers, etc.
Maintains records for reservations, the billing/payment process and mailing list for KCPA, KYT and PAC.
Manages and distributes complimentary tickets and gift certificates on a monthly basis at the direction of the department director.
Attends all PAC events that require ticket sales from three hours prior to the first performance, through the final performance or intermission.
Prepares KYT packets for day of shows.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Director of the Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts
ATTENDANCE– Individuals in this position are expected to be present and available when scheduled, which will include some weekend and evening hours.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral communication with clients and colleagues, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED and up to one year of college, vocational, or business training or experience
- Up to one year of customer service or related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Experience and proficiency dealing with the general public and fellow staff, sometimes under pressure, with a positive attitude in an efficient and professional manner
- 45 wpm accurate keyboarding, and the ability to quickly and accurately learn and use a variety of computer software
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, commitment to college, teamwork, knowledge of work, attention to detail, work standards, stress tolerance, informal communication, dependability, initiative
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.