Assists with the operation of the college printshop to produce high quality printed college materials, signage, and digital files in a timely manner that meets the needs of the staff, faculty, and various college departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Operates printing presses, folders, binding equipment, drill press, stapling machines, copy machines, sign making machines, etc.
Monitors printshop inventory; advises printshop director when supplies are low and prepares purchase requisitions for purchase of materials and performs end of year stock inventory
Works with desktop publishing software, upgrading and maintaining proficiency with current trends for design and layout of print jobs for customers and students, plus signage, and copy requests
Fabricates signage utilizing skills in painting and vinyl cutting
Picks up, prioritizes, processes, packages, and delivers copy and print jobs to customers
Assists with campus mail and UPS drop-offs which include mail preparation for delivery to the U.S. post office and sorting incoming mail for campus distribution by printshop staff. Maintains postage machine and keeps up-to-date on postal procedures.
Performs routine maintenance of printshop machinery
Provides limited training for student workers
Performs basic data entry to generate price quotes for copy jobs and for compilation of monthly billings
Takes copy counts from various campus copy machines, while maintaining machines and accounts
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the direct supervision of the printshop director.
ATTENDANCE- Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the normal business hours of the college, and may occasionally be asked to vary their schedule and/or work overtime to meet department requirements
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical production printing environment, requiring frequent communication with colleagues and the use of various types of moving machinery. Must have the ability to move and lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED
- One to three years of related experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as operating printing presses, folders, binding equipment, drill press, staple machines, copy machines, sign making machines, etc., and lifting or moving up to 50 pounds
- Interpersonal and communication skills to function effectively in a team-based, quality driven, customer service environment
JOB DIMENSIONS – Knowledge of work, planning and organizing, self-reliance, sensitivity, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, stress tolerance, technical/professional self-development, analysis/judgment, commitment to the college, teamwork, dependability, communications
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.