This is a Title III Grant funded position expanding the college’s outreach to supporters and potential donors. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule; frequent travel for work and training is required. Continuation of the position post-grant is conditional upon the needs of the college and of the Kirtland Foundation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Works as part of a team to Identify, cultivate and recognize major and planned givers
Develops and implements stewardship strategies for donors, collaborates with other college staff to develop acknowledgement and recognition procedures for major givers
Implements communications strategies for prospects, donors, businesses and community partners
Maintains accurate and detailed contact, financial, and accounting records and generates appropriate reports in support of the development effort
Learns and uses donor and alumni record and tracking software as well as other productivity software
Responsible for engaging potential friends of Kirtland in fun and meaningful ways
Incorporates AQIP principles of continuous improvement into job performance
Actively participates as a member of a dynamic innovative creative team to meet challenging grant objectives that will contribute to student success and the overall success of Kirtland Community College
Assists Title III Project Director in reporting activities for Title III grant compliance
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Foundation Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, or a related field.
- Three to five years experience in fundraising, with both higher education and entrepreneurial experience desirable, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Familiarity with planned giving instruments
- Documented track record of transitioning prospects to donors
- Professional oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team oriented environment
JOB DIMENSIONS – Knowledge of Work , Performance results, Planning & Organizing, Negotiation, Persuasiveness, Self-reliance, Sensitivity, Attention to Detail, Work Standards, Initiative, Stress Tolerance, Technical/Professional Self Development, Analysis, Judgment, Decisiveness, Commitment to the College, Teamwork, Dependability, Informal, Written, and Presentation Communication Skills
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.