Provides clerical support for the Student Success Center (SSC) and such other related functions as may be assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Maintains college transfer board and counseling brochure racks in administration building and coordinates college recruiter visits.
Manages job posting website, bulletin board and resource file.
Manages and responses to all email correspondences sent to SSC@kirtland.edu.
Administers graduate follow-up survey, processes spreadsheets and student feedback reports, and maintains files. Prepares mailings to students, including bulk mailings.
Updates Student Success Center webpage, posts SSC events and notices on Facebook.
Assists student support services coordinator in analyzing the needs for Perkins grant including applications, maintaining spreadsheets, appointments, timelines, workshops, and grant disbursements.
Assists in maintaining testing schedules, spreadsheets, and appointments for students with disabilities and coordinates work study schedules to assist disability students.
Assists with OARS (Orientation, Advising and Registration) for new students.
Maintains, screens, and schedules appointments for advisors.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the vice-president of student services
ATTENDANCE- Individuals in this position are expected to be generally available year-round during the regular business hours of the college, and may occasionally be asked to work more than their regularly scheduled hours.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral communication with students and colleagues, a high level of professionalism with individuals experiencing sensitive personal issues, a commitment to confidentiality, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- Associate degree or equivalent level of training
- One to three years of experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- 60 wpm accurate keyboarding
- Proficiency with computerized communication and word processing programs
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of clientele in a professional office setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, attention to detail, knowledge of work, teamwork, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, dependability, commitment to the college stress tolerance, technical and professional self-development
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.