Runs errands and provides utility services for college staff including food delivery, UPS package delivery, and routine shipping/receiving duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Performs a variety of indoor tasks such as moving furniture and supplies, food and refreshment delivery for on-campus meetings, stocking and delivering custodial supplies, posting notices on bulletin boards, stocking of first aid boxes, etc.
Assists in setting up campus facilities for graduation and other special events.
Performs routine shipping/receiving activities; delivers large packages and items received to campus offices.
May assist with emptying of campus trash containers and cleaning of debris from building entrances.
May assist with snow and ice removal from building entrances salt during the winter months.
Locks and unlocks building doors.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the director of facilities management
- High school diploma or GED
- Up to one year of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Ability to do minor repairs on mechanical equipment
- Ability to work independently to perform job duties
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
- A valid driver’s license
JOB DIMENSIONS – Judgment, self organization, attention to detail, teamwork, dependability, work standards, initiative, informal communication, commitment to the college.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.