- Provides first level technical support to users concerning hardware, software, and networking problems. Escalates system problems to the Lead Technician or second level technical support staff as necessary.
- Assists with installation and configuration of computer software, apps, or upgrades on college owned information technology systems; including personal computers, tablets, virtual desktop clients, and connections to the data networks.
- Assists with installation and maintenance of audio/video technology; including but not limited to podiums, digital projectors, document cameras, classroom audio, DVD/VHS, video distribution equipment, digital signage displays, student center entertainment, and other educational technology (tablets, stylus pens, clickers, interactive whiteboards).
- Responds to trouble calls on equipment or applications, diagnoses problems, and provides local or remote testing and support.
- Communicates with students, staff, and other support personnel to identify and resolve problems and provides technical advice to technology users.
- Troubleshoots, installs, and configures PC hardware such as memory, adapter cards, printers, etc. for college owned devices.
- Provides audio-visual technology setup for college events.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the day-to-day direction of the Lead Information Technology Technician, under the general supervision of the Director of Information Technology.
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are generally expected to be present and available for work during the normal business hours of the college throughout the calendar year, and may occasionally be asked to vary their schedule to meet department requirements. May from time to time be required to travel to various Kirtland campus locations.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical indoor office environment. Individuals in this position must be able to able to lift and move fragile objects up to 30 pounds. Work may require frequent bending, lifting, a wide range of arm movement, finger and hand dexterity, and may occasionally require climbing and working from ladders or lifting devices. Setup or maintenance of some equipment may require work in areas with restricted room for movement. Visual identification of equipment, parts, and connections is necessary. The individual in this position may from time to time have access to sensitive and highly confidential information, and must maintain and enforce strict confidentiality as necessary. Occasional travel to other college sites under inclement weather conditions may be required.
- Associate degree in computer science, data processing, or related field
- One to three years of computer support experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Proficiency in IOS, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and Microsoft Office software such as Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Familiarity with a variety of networking and personal computer software
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on computers and peripheral equipment
- Ability to communicate information to faculty, students, staff, and the public in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 30 pounds
JOB DIMENSIONS – Knowledge of Work, Planning and Organization, Self-Reliance, Sensitivity, Attention to Detail, Work Standards, Initiative, Stress Tolerance, Technical/Professional Self Development, Analysis/Judgment, Commitment to the College, Teamwork, Dependability, Communications
COMPENSATION – This is a full-time, hourly position with a 2016-17 base wage range of $14.44 – $19.25, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Full fringe benefit package
STARTING DATE – March 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Applications will be accepted until close of business March 17, 2017
Email cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts and credentials, and three professional references to email@example.com
Human Resources Department
Kirtland Community College
10775 N. St. Helen Road
Roscommon, MI 48653
989-275-5000, ext. 239 or 271