Kirtland Community College is accepting applications for a part-time instructor to teach in the Mechatronics program and/or perform contract training for local industry. Content covered will include robotic systems used in modern manufacturing systems, applications and fundamentals of robot selection, programming and implementation. Electromechanical and fluid power systems, sensors, controls, maintenance and troubleshooting will also be addressed.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Dean of Occupational Programs.
- AAS Robotics Engineering Degree or AAS Mechatronics Degree.
- Professional experience related to course content as evidenced by portfolio review.
- Teaching experience preferred
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED
- Understands basic Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic Theory.
- Knowledge of production automation process operations and functionality.
- Basic Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic print reading.
- Appropriate robotic service experience with emphasis on electrical and programming.
COMPENSATION – Individuals in this position will be employed by EduStaff on behalf of Kirtland Community College. This position is paid in accordance with the part-time faculty salary schedule for EduStaff employees contracted for Kirtland with an hourly rate of $35.94 per contact hour for associate’s prepared faculty. Contract rate may vary based on assignment.
STARTING DATE – Varies
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Email cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts and credentials, and three professional references to: email@example.com
Human Resources Department
Kirtland Community College
10775 N. St. Helen Road
Roscommon, MI 48653
989-275-5000, ext. 239 or 271