Kirtland Community College is accepting applications for a part-time instructor to teach in the Mechatronics program. Studies modern industrial robotic systems. Introduces the operation, use and safety of industrial robots. Includes feedback mechanisms, actuators, sensors, power supplies, micro-controllers, P.C. computer control and programming. Emphasizes a hands-on approach to system analysis, critical thinking, and solution to open-ended problems, computer usage, and teamwork.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Dean of Occupational Programs
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or Appropriate Certificate of Completion through a robotic manufacturer and/or community college.
- Work Experience: 3 years minimum in related field working with and programming ABB robots or equivalent.
- Teaching experience preferred
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Perform training of engineers, skilled trades and operators in programming, electrical and mechanical applications, operations and maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Understands basic Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic Theory.
- Knowledge of production automation process operations and functionality.
- Basic Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic print reading.
- Appropriate robotic service experience with emphasis on electrical and programming.
SALARY – Individual in this position will be employed by EduStaff on behalf of Kirtland Community College. This position is paid in accordance with the part-time faculty salary schedule for EduStaff employees contracted for Kirtland. Faculty with an associate degree are paid at an hourly rate of $35.94 per contact hour.
STARTING DATE – Winter, 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
To apply, send cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts and credentials, and three professional reference letters to:
Human Resources Department
Kirtland Community College
10775 N. St. Helen Road
Roscommon, MI 48653
An equal opportunity employer
For further information please contact: Kristin Barnhart