Kirtland Community College, Roscommon Campus, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Performing Artist Center (PAC) Support Specialist, providing administrative, event coordination, and box office support for the Kirtland Center for the Performing Arts (KCPA) on a part-time basis (up to 28 hours per week). Primary responsibilities include coordinating and managing Kirtland Youth Theatre (KYT) reservations, managing box office sales and customer service, coordinating lodging and hospitality services for visiting performers, identifying grant opportunities and executing applications, coordinating volunteer services, and assisting in facilitating performance events.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules auditorium use by the Kirtland Center for Performing Arts (KCPA), Kirtland Youth Theatre (KYT), on-campus departments and off-campus organizations through FSDirect; manages services required by entities using the auditorium.
- Logs ticket sales on in-house spreadsheets, processes and bills reservations, prepares deposits of revenue, maintains records of expenditures and deposits for budget reconciliation.
- Requests purchase orders and provides receiving reports for artist fees and associated artist services paid for by KCC.
- Fields calls from customers and processes orders using online ticketing service, prepares and disseminates order confirmations and tickets via mail or will-call, prepares KCPA correspondence.
- Prepares seating charts for performances, staffs the box office on show days for walk-up ticket sales and will-call
- Prepares event programs for printing with director input, manages distribution of promotional material.
- Provides programming information and reservation portal for K-12 schools in the Kirtland Community College (KCC) service area to facilitate reservations for the KYT.
- Coordinates pre-season volunteer appreciation event, maintains volunteer service records, contacts volunteers and delegates duties per event.
- Sets up ancillary event areas (usher room; box office; raffle; merchandise and concession sales)
- Secures lodging, catering and ground transportation for visiting performers, prepares and processes vehicle request forms and other college forms and reports as required
- Prepares grant applications and follow-up reports to various arts and charitable foundations and private funding sources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISION – Works under the direct supervision of the KCPA Director
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be generally available year-round on a regular basis (3-4 days, up to 28 hours/week), which will occasionally include working evenings and weekends.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office and theater environment, requiring frequent oral and electronic communication with students and colleagues, a high level of professionalism with individuals experiencing sensitive personal issues, a commitment to confidentiality, and the ability to enter and retrieve data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- Two years post-secondary education in business administration; marketing; theater arts, theater management; or related field of study
- Three years’ experience in a professional office support capacity, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Proficiency with current office and basic design software
- Ability to communicate effectively in a public setting
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient writing skills
- A commitment to the goals, standards, and ethics of Kirtland Community College
- Creative thinking for marketing and communication strategies
- Experience in providing technical support for performing artists including lighting, sounds, set design and construction, etc. is desirable
JOB DIMENSIONS – Professional knowledge, problem analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, attention to detail, work standards, commitment to the college, sensitivity, informal communication, written communication, presentation skills, self-reliance, initiative, negotiation, stress tolerance, dependability
SALARY – This is a part-time, hourly position with a beginning wage rate of $12.13.
STARTING DATE – July, 2015
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Applications will be accepted until June 19, 2015
The following items must be on file in order for your application to be complete:
- Cover letter
- Three professional reference letters
- Unofficial copy of college transcripts (if applicable)
Human Resources Department
Kirtland Community College
10775 N. St. Helen Road
Roscommon, MI 48653
989-275-5000, ext 239 or 271
An equal opportunity employer
For further information please contact: Kristin Barnhart