Kirtland Community College is seeking a full or part-time faculty member to fill the position of Service Learning Coordinator for the 2015-2016 academic year.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work within the Kirtland community to cultivate and promote a long-range community service vision integrating work, study, and service
- Develop annual goals and prepare a plan of work
- Develop and maintain a budget
- Research and initiate the writing of grants
- Establish and cultivate relationships with community agencies and collaborate with existing programs
- Provide support and council to faculty, staff, and students in areas of curriculum and professional development, service learning opportunities, and educational initiatives
- Coordinate orientation workshops
- Develop, compile, and report participation statistics for the service learning program, and assess outcomes
- Participate in state service learning organizations
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Vice President of Instructional Services
- Full or part-time* faculty member or staff of Kirtland Community College
COMPENSATION – $1,650 per semester
APPLICATION DEADLINE – To apply for this position, provide a written letter of application indicating your interest and qualifications to perform the requirements of the position. Applications will be accepted at the human resources office until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 29 2015.
*NOTE: Part-time employees should contact the appropriate dean before applying for this special project. Hours worked on this special project will impact the number of hours a part-time faculty may teach or part-time employee may work in their regular position based on the final guidelines set forth by the Affordable Healthcare Act.