It shall be the policy of Kirtland Community College that all injuries must be reported.
August 11, 1983
PRO 2.205 INJURIES
If there is an injury to an individual in or on a Kirtland facility, or during a Kirtland activity, and the injury does not rise to the level of an emergency:
- If yourself, seek treatment if there is any question of need; if someone for whom you have responsibility, advise of the need for treatment, follow up as appropriate.
- Avoid contact with other’s body fluids, inform the Kirtland Facilities Department if on a Kirtland facility and body fluids are present; otherwise ensure the responsible persons are notified, ensure others are kept from contact until the area is secure.
- Complete the appropriate forms and submit to Human Resources within two (2) business days:
For all persons directly employed by the college (including Work-Study Students injured while performing college work) – the EMPLOYEE’S REPORT OF INJURY Form
For students and visitors – the GENERAL LIABILITY INCIDENT/ACCIDENT REPORT
For Student Athletes – if incurred during an athletic activity, the PARENT/GUARDIAN/STUDENT INFORMATION FORM (by student, should have forms pre-completed) and the CLAIM SHEET FOR INTERCOLLEGIATE CLAIMS (by the responsible college official)
- Staff are requested to inform the Director of Facilities via email of “near-misses,” or conditions wherein an injury was narrowly avoided, so that appropriate preventative measures may be taken.
If there is an injury to an individual in or on a Kirtland facility, or during a Kirtland activity, and the injury is an emergency:
- If on the Roscommon Campus, call 355, otherwise call 911.
- Do not move the injured person unless there is substantial danger where they are.
- If qualified and they permit, render first aid.
- Avoid contact with other’s body fluids, inform the Kirtland Facilities Department if on a Kirtland facility and body fluids are present, inform trained responders, ensure others are kept from contact until the area is secure.
- Remain on site to guide trained responders to injured person.
- Complete the appropriate forms as per #3 above.
December 5, 2013