- The chief financial officer or his/her designee is responsible for the issuance, accounting, monitoring, and retrieval of college purchasing cards as well as ensuring compliance with the purchasing card policy.
- Purchasing cards shall be issued only to employees of the college.
- The purchasing card will be used solely for the purchase of goods and services for the official business of the college.
- The cardholder using the purchasing card must reconcile all purchases made with the business office. Information provided shall include the goods or services purchased, date of the purchase, cost, and the official business for which the expense was incurred.
- The cardholder issued the card is responsible for its protection and custody and shall immediately notify the chief financial officer or his/her designee if the card is lost or stolen.
- Cardholders issued a purchasing card are required to adhere to the guidelines outlined in the cardholder agreement and guide.
- Cardholders must immediately surrender the card upon termination of employment, or at the request of the chief financial officer.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action as established in POL 5.055, Discipline.
To view the policy, go to POL 2.003 Purchasing Policy