- All participating students must be accompanied by a faculty, staff person, or administrator who will be accountable for the activities of the field trip.
- The college employee responsible for organizing the field trip must complete a field trip request form and obtain appropriate prior approval for the field trip. Contact information for emergencies during the trip must be included.
- All participating employees incurring authorized college expenditures must provide complete financial accounting as required by POL 2.035 Travel Reimbursement.
- No drugs, other than lawfully prescribed medications, nor alcoholic, or illegal substances will be allowed during the field trip. Students will be informed of this policy before the trip.
- Eligible participating students and staff may use college vehicles as outlined in POL 2.025 College Owned Vehicles.
- All participants assume responsibility for their own safety during college sponsored field trips. Participating college employees will apprise students of reasonably foreseeable risks.
- Known violations of these requirements must be reported by the responsible college employee, failure to do so could be grounds for disciplinary action.
- Kirtland’s Student Code of Conduct remains in effect at all times during a field trip.
To view the policy, go to POL 4.090 Field Trips