FULL-TIME CLASSIFIED AND ADMINISTRATIVE PERSONNEL
The President shall be granted thirty (30) working days vacation, with pay, each year. This vacation should be taken during the term of the contract. If the entire vacation time is not taken during the contractual year, the remaining portion may be taken during the following fiscal year provided the President has a signed contract in effect for that year.
Administrative personnel shall be granted twenty-four (24) working days vacation, with pay, each year. This vacation should be taken during the term of the contract. If the entire vacation time is not taken during the contractual year, the remaining portion may be taken during the following fiscal year provided the administrator has a signed contract in effect for that year.
Classified employees receive vacation pay in accordance with the schedule below. Full-time employees on a limited schedule and new full-time employees will accrue vacation time on a pro-rated basis based on the number of weeks worked during the fiscal year. Vacation time earned during the current fiscal year will not be available for use until the beginning of the next fiscal year (July 1) and must be taken within eighteen months (by December 31) of the following fiscal year. Vacation time is not cumulative beyond December 31, unless under extenuating circumstances the President has granted an extension. If possible, vacations are taken at a time mutually agreeable to the college and the employee.
DAYS OF PAID VACATION
|1 to 5 years||15 days or 1.25 days per month|
|6 to 10 years||20 days or 1.667 days per month|
|After 10 years||22 days or 1.833 days per month|
DAYS OF PAID VACATION
|1 to 5 years||10 days or .833 days per month|
|6 to 10 years||15 days or 1.25 days per month|
|After 10 years||20 days or 1.667 days per month|
- Vacation days earned during the previous fiscal year are granted on July 1 each year. The number of vacation days provided in a given year is determined by the number of full years of service as of July 1 each year. Full-time employees on a limited schedule and new employees are eligible for vacation time earned on a pro-rated basis.
- During the fiscal year in which the employee experiences the five and ten year anniversary date, the employee will be awarded the corresponding increase in vacation days on a prorated basis.
- Employees will receive their current base rate of pay during vacation. Additional pay cannot be received by an employee in lieu of using vacation time.
- Vacation days may be taken in advance only in extenuating circumstances and with approval of the immediate supervisor, the appropriate dean, and the vice president of operations. If an employee takes vacation days prior to the time they are earned, the employee must reimburse the college for vacation pay if he or she leaves the college before the vacation days are earned.
Revised June 6, 1996
PRO 5.060 VACATION LEAVE PROCEDURE
- Vacation requests must be made in advance on a “time off request form” and be submitted for approval by the immediate supervisor.
- Vacation approval may be based upon the business needs of the college. Business conditions may require that the employee’s request be denied if the requested time off would interfere with significant functions of the college.
- Following final approval of the requested time off, requested time off will immediately be deducted from the employee’s vacation day bank. In the event that the employee does not take the time off as scheduled, it is the employee’s responsibility to contact the business office, in writing, to cancel the time off request.
- When a college-paid holiday occurs within a vacation period, the holiday is not counted as a vacation day.
- Upon termination, employees will be paid for unused vacation days that are currently available for use in their vacation day bank; in addition, vacation pay will be paid for a partial year of employment on a prorated basis. If an employee dies while in the employ of Kirtland Community College, any wages or unused vacation time earned to date of death will be paid to the employee’s survivors as dictated by law.
- There will be no vacation accrual in the following situations:
- During an approved leave of absence without pay
- While on Workers’ Compensation
- Beyond the specified maximum accrual
- While on layoff
- While on disciplinary suspension