Full or part-time college employees shall be reimbursed for post-offer employment medical examinations, diagnostic tests, and/or immunizations at a rate approved by the board of trustees.
Reimbursement shall be provided for examinations and/or tests required by state or federal public guidelines, for examinations and/or tests required for licensing needed to fulfill the requirements of the position held at Kirtland, and for pre-employment or other physical examinations required by college guidelines. Kirtland shall also offer all employees with high risk for exposure to bloodborne pathogens the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination at the college’s expense as outlined in the exposure control plan for bloodborne pathogens.
Revised August 11, 1994
PRO 5.185 MEDICAL EXAM REIMBURSEMENT
Medical examinations or diagnostic tests
- Employee shall receive authorization from the business office for the exam or diagnostic test prior to undergoing the procedure.
- Employee may utilize the licensed medical professional of his/her choice for any initial medical exams and/or diagnostic tests.
- Following the procedure, a billing for services rendered shall be submitted to the business office to initiate payment to the provider or reimbursement to the employee. Payment to the provider or reimbursement shall not exceed the maximum rate as approved by the board of trustees.
- The college reserves the right to question the individual’s ability to perform the essential functions of their position. In such cases, the college may request the employee to submit to an examination by a physician of the college’s choosing. The expense of the exam will be incurred by the college.
- If a questions still exists as to the ability of the individual to perform the essential functions of their position, a third physician, mutually agreed upon by the college and the individual, shall be asked to give a recommendation. The physician’s recommendation will be final and binding to both parties. The expense of the exam will be incurred by the college.
Hepatitis B immunization
- Employees eligible to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series shall receive information regarding the vaccination from the business office within 30 days of their date of hire.
- Eligible employees shall notify the business office regarding their intent to receive or decline the vaccination series. The business office shall make arrangements with the local health department or other health care facility for administration of the vaccination series for those who choose to receive it.
- The college will be responsible for the entire cost of the vaccination series for all category I employees as identified in the college’s exposure control plan.