Purpose is to provide an explicit statement of the management philosophy that serves as the foundation for development and administration of Kirtland’s wage and salary policies and procedures.
It is the policy of the college to ensure internal equity and external competitive rates of pay and compensation to employees; to provide a means for planning and controlling direct payroll costs; to maintain efficient administrative procedures; and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The principal goals of the program are to:
- Attract and retain the number and caliber of employees needed to fulfill the mission of the college.
- Establish and maintain a rational structure of job relationships that fairly compensates each employee for the nature and level of work performed.
- Maintain pay ranges that are consistent with the economic and financial position of the college yet competitive with those paid by other labor market employers for comparable work.
- Achieve a basic understanding of the principles of employee compensation and of the classification and wage and salary administration program on the part of those responsible for its implementation and administration.
- Keep employees informed of compensation matters affecting them.
- Ensure compliance with relevant state and federal laws.
Revised June 10, 1993
To view the procedure, go to PRO 5.300 Compensation for Exempt Employees