The purpose of a promotional transfer is to ensure the most effective and efficient use of college personnel and to ensure that employees moving to a job of higher responsibility are paid equitably.
Kirtland’s administration may transfer an employee voluntarily from one position to another when it is in the best interest of the college. A transfer may take place within a department or between departments.
An employee will not be transferred on a permanent basis to a new or revised position until the position has been analyzed, described via formal job description, evaluated by the director of human resources, and approved by the administration.
Promotions shall be accompanied by a pay increase. Upon promotion to a higher position, the employee will receive a pay increase that:
- brings his/her rate of pay to the minimum of the new pay grade; or
- gives him/her an increase that is at least equal to one step in the new pay grade; or
- is commensurate with the level of new responsibilities assumed as judged by the director of human resources and approved by the president. All pay decisions will be based on the college’s ability to pay within the budgetary parameters set by the board of trustees.
Revised August 10, 1995
Revised June 25, 2004
PRO 5.330 – PROMOTIONAL TRANSFERS
- Employees may initiate a request to transfer through their immediate supervisor and the director of human resources.
- The college administration may initiate a promotional transfer when it is in the best interest of the college.
- The director of human resources is responsible for ensuring the necessary documentation and record changes are completed.
- The timing of payment for promotional increases will be no later than the end of the first full pay period after the effective date of the promotion.
- The board of trustees shall be informed of all promotional transfers in a timely manner.