- If an employee receives a demotion, his or her base pay rate will be reduced to an appropriate point within the lower pay range. The exact rate will be recommended by the director of human resources.
- The following factors will be considered in determining the employee’s new rate:
- Equity among current incumbents within the lower job classifications.
- The probability of satisfactory performance in the new job.
- The director of human resources is responsible for communicating the demotion and pay rate reduction to the affected employee.
- The reduction in the employee’s pay rate will be effective and coincide with the date the new job responsibilities are assumed.
To view the policy, go to POL 5.340 Demotions