- Employees called for public service duty are compensated for the difference between the pay amount issued by the court and the employee’s regular pay.
- Employees are required to return to work if they are actively engaged in public service duty for only a portion of the day.
- The employee submits the public service duty notice to his or her appropriate administrator.
- Non-exempt employees must report the absence on their weekly time sheet. Exempt and administrative employees must file a signed absence report form with the appropriate division administrator.
- At the end of public service duty, the employee submits to the business office a statement from the court indicating pay received so that compensation can be calculated.
- There will be no loss of paid time off.
To view the procedure, to go PRO 5.110 Public Service Duty