- New jobs will be authorized and approved only through established budgeting and personnel procedures.
- The position supervisor must submit a draft job description to the director of human resources. If appropriate, related documentation should accompany all requests for new classification.
- The director of human resources is responsible for verifying the job duties, responsibilities and specifications, conferring with the position supervisor as necessary.
- A point-factor job evaluation of the classification is completed by the classification subcommittee of the personnel committee.
- Comparable pay range (labor market) information is collected if available.
- A pay grade determination is made and communicated to the responsible administrator. The administration approves and authorizes the classification and pay grade determination based upon the classification subcommittee’s recommendations and the budget parameters set by the board of trustees. The board is informed of all such classification and pay grade changes.
- Internal personnel and pay program records are changed to reflect addition of the new classification. Organization charts should also be updated at this time.
To view the policy, go to POL 5.315 Addition of New Classified Staff Positions