Kirtland Community College recognizes the importance of students possessing certain basic skills in English, reading and mathematics. These basic skills are vital to each individual student’s successful completion of college level coursework. Therefore, Asset placement testing is required of all students attending Kirtland Community College except for those who fall into one of the following categories:
- Students who are admitted with “guest student” status.
- Students who have completed the pre-admission exam for practical nursing.
- Students who are admitted with “adult interest” status and are enrolled in any of the following:
- One vocational-technical course
- Developmental education courses
- Business seminars
- Studio art courses
Further exceptions to the Asset placement testing policy may be granted by the director of student services/enrollment management.
Adopted November 10, 1988
PRO 6.012 ASSET PLACEMENT TESTING
The Asset placement testing policy shall be published in the class schedule and college catalog. Also, testing dates and time will be listed in the class schedule.